Thursday, February 7, 2013

Liebster Award


My good friend, Jamie, over at Love Bakes Good Cakes nominated me for this 
Liebster Blog Award. I love this sort of thing. 
Thank you so much, Jamie!

The rules are:
  • Answer the 11 questions posed by the person that nominated you.
  • Give 11 facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award.
  • Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Tell them you have tagged them and pay it forward.

Jamie asked me to answer the following 11 questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
  • I started blogging to make connections with people that I may not have had the opportunity to meet otherwise.......and maybe pass along a few good recipes and family friendly ideas along the way.
2. What is your favorite meal?
  • Wow, that's a tough one.... I can't really narrow it down to one particular food, so I'll go with: The meal that the whole family gets involved in. This past Thanksgiving was one of the best ever, because everyone worked together to prepare a delicious meal. There wasn't just one person in the kitchen doing all of the cooking. Everyone was able to enjoy each other's company from the preparation, through the eating, to the falling asleep on the couch afterwards. That's what makes a meal great!
3. Favorite vacation place?
  • I have to say that I have always loved the mountains! I am a very 'outdoorsey' type of person. I love anything to do with nature. Rather that's camping, or hiking through the woods... I'm in my happy place.
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be "when you grew up"?
  • An Astronaut!!! My eyes did not agree with this idea, however. Flying around in the space shuttle might be a bad idea when you can barely see the big "E" at the top of the eye-chart. - Oh well... Being a Mom is pretty 'out of this world' too!
5. What's one thing that other people do that drives you nuts?
  • Maybe it's because I come from a long line of military family, or maybe it's because I grew up in a military town. Either way, I absolutely can not stand to see a poorly executed salute! This is supposed to be a thing of honor, showing respect to the person you're saluting. Do it proudly, with a strong, straight hand. Not a bent wrist or wishy-washy attitude.  --Okay, I'll get off the soapbox now. 
6.  Do you think you are like your mother?
  • Oh, I hope so! My mother is a wonderful, strong woman. She has seen her times of trial and has come through them, still with a good outlook on life. She took the time to mentor young girls for many years, and taught us all how to be strong, independent women of our own. I hope that when my children look back on their childhood, they will know that I was a mother that was there for them, and loved them unconditionally.
7. What's your favorite color?
  • Teal! Mostly green, with a little bit of blue added in for extra flavor. Also, one of the colors for the Jacksonville Jaguars! Woo! Go Jags!
8. Do you have any odd habits?
  • I can't explain it, and apparently I can't change it. For some reason, I tend to blow on my ice-cream?!?  Like it's going to burn me or something. Maybe, I'm trying to warm it up with my breath? I just don't know, but there it is. 
9. If money were no object, what is the first thing you would want to do?
  • Take my kids to Walt Disney World! Where I grew up, Disney was just a quick ride in the car. We went every summer! Now I live so far away, the ride alone is a hurdle. Not to mention that admission prices have gone up quite a bit since I was a kid. One day though, we will all go to Disney!
10. If you could have dinner with anyone - past or present - who would you like to have dinner with?
  • My Great-Grandmother. She passed away when I was so young, that I remember very little about her. What I do remember is a spunky, wise, and courageous woman that I would love to be able to sit down and connect with again.
11. How many states have you stepped foot in?
  • Let's see... I was born in Alaska and moved to Texas shortly thereafter. I grew up in Florida, and now I live in Mississippi (hence the name Florassippi Girl). I have visited family that lives in Alabama, Louisiana, Kentucky, and Arkansas. I have been to or through: Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia and Washington DC.  So that makes 16 states that I have stepped foot in.

Now for my 11 Random Facts... 

1. I am right handed.
2. I can not stand shoes...... or socks! 
3. I am crazy afraid of heights! Step-stools even make me nervous.     
4. Give me enough time though, and I will cross that swinging bridge, anyway!
5. I love to cook, but hate to do dishes.
6. I am slightly addicted to planting things. 
7. I prefer to watch kiddie movies over most others.
8. I like my cream and sugar with a little bit of coffee.
9. Hazelnut coffee is my favorite.
10. Gotta have my Sweet Tea. (It's a Southern thang.)
11. I like boiled peanuts. (another Southern thang)


Nominate 11 other bloggers:

As you all know, I am a bit new to the blogging community, so coming up with 11 names was a bit of a challenge. Once again, my good friend Jamie at Love Bakes Good Cakes has saved the day, and introduced me to several good blogs. The nominees are (in no particular order):


Aimee @ Shugary Sweets
Anne @ Domesblissity
Cynthia @ Feeding Big
Evelyn @ My Turn For Us
Linda @ With a Blast


My 11 questions for them to answer:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite season?
3. What is your favorite pastime?
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be "When you grew up"?
5. What is your favorite movie or type of movie?
6. Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
7. Do you have any odd habits?
8. Coffee, Tea, or Soda?
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. How many states have you stepped foot in?
11. If you could have dinner with anyone - past or present - who would you like it to be?

* * ~ **

There you have it. Thank you again, Jamie
I hope you've enjoyed learning a little bit more about me. 
Stop by and check out some of the awesome blogs that I have mentioned above! 

12 comments:

  1. I am right there with ya on your 11 random facts :o) I don't think I've ever met anyone else who blows on their ice cream ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I don't normally participate in these...I'm VERY honored that you chose to nominate me! Thanks girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award, it is greatly appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just recently introduced to your blog... I like it very much! Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the nomination. These awards are always a lot of fun, but very time consuming. I will do my best to make sure I participate. Thank you again. Now I'm off to spend some time at your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome... I'm looking forward to that spinach patty recipe of yours! :o)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination!!! Its nice way to get to know you quickly:)


    Have a super great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been following your blog for a little while now.... ♥ it!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the nomination. My post should be up sometime tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the nomination! I only participated {post wise and re-nominating} once or twice, as there were a serious lack of interest on the blogs I nominated. Thanks again, and I will add this to my Awards section with a back link to you !

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover