I just love a good homemade soup! Don't you? It doesn't have to be hard either. With just a few simple ingredients you can have a delicious bowl of happiness that's good for the soul...
- 6 cups (or 3 cans) Chicken Broth
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cooked, deboned, and chunked
- 2 cups Cheese Tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup matchstick Carrots
- 1 cup sliced, fresh Mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
- 1 large hand full of fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a large pot combine the chicken broth, chicken breast chunks, tortellini, carrots, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, and after 2 minutes reduce the heat and simmer. If using frozen tortellini, increase the boil time to 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and spinach, and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes more.