Who doesn't like the flavor of steak and potatoes?! They just compliment each other so well. Unfortunately though, now a days, the pair can be a real budget basher! Well, today I've got a dish for you that has those classic flavors, but puts them into a budget friendly meal. ~ Yet it looks like something you could get at a fancy restaurant! And, to top it all off, it's ready in about 30 minutes! Easy, pretty, and delicious... What are we waiting for?! Let's get started...
- 1 pound lean Beef, thinly sliced across the grain for tenderness (I used boneless chuck ribs for these pictures, but flank steak will also work)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stick of Butter
- 1 (32 oz.) package of frozen Potato and Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the frozen pierogies in a single layer, in the bottom of the pan.
- On top of that, add your onion slices. ~ Adding the onions in raw, will give you tender crisp onions when served. If you prefer them to be a bit softer, saute them in a couple tablespoons of the butter for a minute before adding them in.
- Slice the stick of butter into thin slices. Scatter half of the pieces around on top of the onion layer.
- Lay out the raw steak strips in a single layer on top of that. Be very careful not to overlap. You may need to play with the arrangement a little, to get them all to fit.
- Sprinkle your seasonings on, and scatter another layer of butter using the other half of the slices.
- Cook, uncovered, in the preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Flip the steak pieces over and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes more, depending on how cooked you like your steak.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes - just long enough to melt it.