It is perfect alongside just about anything - grilled, fried, barbecued, whatever. It doesn't matter. This salad is delicious, and everybody loves it! I know my pictures may not be the best in the world, but please don't let that stop you from trying it out. You will not be sorry!
- 1 lb package Garden (Tri-Colored) Rotini
- 1 (15 oz) can Baby Corn, drained and sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can Very Small Sweet Peas (like LeSueur), drained
- 1 (8 oz) can Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced Mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 3 Boiled Eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 - 2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Relish
- 1 Tbs Tony's (see picture)
- Salt and Pepper
Prepare pasta by boiling in lightly salted water, until tender (but not too soft). Drain pasta in a strainer, and run cold water through it to stop the cooking process and cool the pasta down.
In a VERY LARGE bowl, add the pasta, corn, peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, and eggs. Stir in the Relish, Tony's and 1 cup of mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. (This is one of those things that gets better with time.)
Just before serving stir in additional mayonnaise as desired. (For some reason, the salad will suck up all the mayonnaise as it sits, and become very dry. Trust me you are going to need to add more mayonnaise.)
Serves 10 - 15