Popsicles are a great way to cool down in the summertime heat. Most kids could eat their weight in popsicles, if given the chance. Unfortunately though, the ones you buy at the store can get pretty expensive - and most have ingredients that you can't pronounce. So, why not make your own? You'll know what is in them, and they taste better too - without any added sugar!
These cute little pops are full of fresh fruit that you can customize to your tastes and/or what's available in your area. Get creative. Mix it up. These popsicles are so fun and easy to make, it's hard to go wrong. It's also a perfect recipe to have the kids join in & help make. :o)
Ingredients for the ones that we made:
- Kiwi, peeled and diced
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Fruit Juice (We used Strawberry-Orange.)
- Begin filling your popsicle molds by alternating the blueberries, kiwi, and pineapple.
- Pour the fruit juice over the top until full.
- Attach the stick/tops. (You may have to jiggle it a little, to make a space for the stick.)
- Place the molds in the freezer until frozen.
- Serve directly from freezer as needed. (Hint - Run a bit of warm water around the under side of the mold to make it easier to remove the popsicle.)