Hello everyone! I've got a bit of a sweet tooth today. Last night at the grocery store, I found a bag of peanut butter and milk chocolate morsels all mixed up together! They just sounded so good - so into my cart they went. I wasn't sure what I was going to make yet, but c'mon, it's peanut butter and chocolate! Now I didn't want to be too naughty, so I decided to make these fairly healthy Banana-Bo-Bana Cookies.
These beautifully soft cookies only have 3 ingredients, and whip up in a matter of minutes. But, let's get something straight right now... They are not your typical sugary sweet cookies. There is no added sugar, so they are not super sweet. They're just sweet enough to satisfy your craving - without adding too much to your waistline. ;) You can even eat these cookies for breakfast.
- 4 large, ripe Bananas
- 2 cups Rolled or Quick Oats
- 3/4 cup mixed Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. (Don't skimp on the spray. They can be a real bugger to get off.)
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Stir in the oats until combined. Add in the peanut butter and chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the greased cookie sheet. Press down each cookie with the back of the spoon to about 1/4 inch thick, and shape into circles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, depending on your pan type. I used an Airbake pan, so mine took a little longer.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Makes 24 (2 inch) Cookies
To me, these cookies are best still warm from the oven. My son preferred them once they had cooled down completely. So I guess, how you serve them is up to you...