This super easy casserole is filled with all kinds of ooey-gooey cheesy goodness! Sausage, potatoes, peppers, and onions make it a well rounded meal - one that is sure to become a family favorite! And just look at those colors... so pretty!
- 1 - 14 oz. package Polska Kielbasa (or Smoked Sausage)
- 2 cups frozen, sliced Bell Peppers and Onions
- 1 Box Cheesy Potatoes (like Scalloped or Au-gratin - just pick your favorite)
- Milk, Butter, and Water (for Potatoes)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut Sausage into disks and then each disk in half.
Mix potatoes according to package directions, but in an 8 1/2 x 11" baking pan.
Add the sausage pieces and fajita vegetables in with the potatoes. Stir in the sliced Mushrooms, if desired. (I think that mushrooms would taste great, but I did not have any at the time)
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake uncovered, in the preheated 450 degree oven until it's beginning to brown and is bubbly around the edges, about 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool for a bit before serving. The sauce will thicken as it cools.