Saturday, November 14, 2015

Simple Home Remedy for Heartburn and Indigestion


Thanksgiving is just around the corner. With all of the savory foods that will be passed around, a few of us might find ourselves overindulging a little bit. Of course, afterwards we'll pay the price with heartburn and/or indigestion. There is no need to suffer, and no need for overpriced, big name pharmaceutical either. All you need is a little baking soda and water. That's right... Baking soda and water!

Just mix about a tablespoon of baking soda into a few ounces of water, and drink up. It doesn't taste as bad as you might think. In fact, I kinda like the taste. And the relief is almost instant. You'll begin to feel better within seconds. But fair warning, a few minutes after you drink it, you're going to let out a HUGE belch (or two). But it's going to be one of the most satisfying burps you've ever had in your life, because with it comes complete and total relief! It sounds too easy, I know, but it really does work wonders.

And because the ingredients are simply baking soda and water, it is safe to use whenever you need it. Just the other night I was suffering so bad, that I began to wonder if I might be having a heart attack. The pain and pressure in my chest was so intense! No matter how I moved, I just couldn't find any relief. I took an acid reducer, and after an hour or so when that didn't work, I took a couple of gas pills. Still, no relief. Then my husband reminded me of this little trick from the days of old. Within minutes I was feeling completely back to normal. It made me wonder why I even buy those pills!? We, as a society, have been conditioned to think that the more it costs, the better it must work. We need to stop, and take a step back. Sometimes the time-honored ways of our grandparents (that most of us have lost touch with) just work better, and oftentimes cost a lot less. So, the next time you find yourself in a bind, before you reach for the medicine cabinet, give this a try. You won't be sorry!





Related Posts that might interest you:






*Disclaimer - I am not a doctor. Anything you have read on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Always check with a certified physician or other qualified health care provider regarding your medical condition(s).  

13 comments:

  1. This is a great tip! Pinning!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother use to swear by baking soda and water to help her ailing heartburn. From Great Idea Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly helped me out of a very bad situation! I'm glad you stopped by. :o)

      Delete
  3. My hubby does this for heartburn LOL Always makes him burp! Thanks for sharing at the (mis)Adventures Mondays Blog Hop. I look forward to seeing what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindie! Sorry for the delayed response. I was out of town visiting family. I always love your parties. Thank you for hosting! :o)

      Delete
  4. That sounds a lot better than some of the medicine with ingredients you can't pronounce! Thank you for sharing this with us at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jamie. Thank you for dropping by. :o)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for adding this to From The Farm...this is one of this week's featured posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Heather. Thank you for the feature!! :o)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover